Archivision is a major supplier of professional images on architecture, gardens, parks, landscapes, public art and design for educational & commercial use. We have been professionally photographing historic & contemporary sites around the world since 1993 and are continually adding to our two archives as described below:
We currently hold over 124,000 digital files in the Archivision Research Library which consists of approximately 60% architecture (most periods); 20% gardens & landscapes; 15% public art; and 5% miscellaneous design topics.
The ibrary was created for an in-depth study and analysis by students of architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, art history and art.
Documentation has been achieved through multiple images of a single subject affording a comprehensive understanding of the principle aspects of design and content.
Where possible, drawings & models are photographed from original and copyright-free sources. Our clients are librarians and image curators who order with institutional purchase order numbers.
for what others say about our images & service,
to learn more about our growing Digital Library,
We currently hold over 35,000 images in our Commercial Archive of creative content (clouds, textures, city scenics, night views, etc.).
Over 350 of these images are currently represented exclusively by Alamy, a world leader in rights-protected & royaly-free stock photography, at www.alamy.com.
ARCHIVISION RESEARCH LIBRARY:
- Scott Gilchrist, B. Arch., M. Arch., is the founder and past President of Archivision Inc. (now dissolved). Scott is the main photographer of both the Archivision Educational & Commercial Archives. Scott may be reached at
- Susan Jane Williams, Data Specialist. Susan catalogues our annual Library Modules in VCat. The entire Archivision Library is available free of charge pre-
catalogued in VCat (a FileMkaker Pro database utility). For full information please click here
- Maureen Burns, Ed.E., MA in Art History, Archivision Library Sales Representative. Maureen is the world-wide sales rep for the Archivision Library on behalf of vrchost.com
- Contributing photographers: André Donais, Oksana Lysanko & Wellesley Robertson III (past contributors: 1) Virginie Novak; 2) Yan Drapeau; 3) David Parry; 4) Wil Meacham; 5) Marc Régnier; 6) Dana Dequire; 8) Sebastien Hebert)
ARCHIVISION RESEARCH TEAM:
- Susan Jane Williams, Data Specialist.
Past members of our team:
- Kathleen Wilson Ruffo, Ph.D. (Art History), researches public art subjects, generates biographies for our EmbARK database, and does editorial work. Kathleen was also instrumental in planning the structure of our EmbARK database and helped extensively with many of its authority files.
- Marlene Philion-Jacques, BA (Art History), researched public art subjects.
- Olga M. Williams-Klement, B. Arch., RIBA, was our editor and researcher for architectural subjects.
- home -