What others say about us
On a personal note, I am very pleased [with the purchase of more modules] because the Archivision material has been one of our best investments for Visual Studies, directly supports our department's concentration in architectural history, and supports visual culture across the university."
- John J. Taormina, Director, Visual Media Center and
Coordinator, Communications & Publications; Dept. of Art, Art History & Visual Studies
I finished ingesting Mods 5 and 6 into our local system. The metadata was easy to map, and also consistently excellent. The images are beautiful and the coverage is impressive. It was a real pleasure to work with your collection."
- Robert Carlucci, PhD, Manager, Visual Resources Collection; College of Architecture, Art & Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library, Yale University
- "We have worked together ever since whenever; I really treasure our relationship. The gesture that you made when you allowed us to digitize your images for our Utopia project as long as that project remained "in house" still resonates with me. Our faculty and students have long benefited from your photographic skills and from your generosity; I am so pleased that we can continue to work with you as we move forward deep into the digital world. Thanks so much for your patience and collegiality during the years. I very much value our relationship with you and Archivision."
- Margaret Webster, Director, Knight Visual Resource Facility; College of Architecture, Art & Planning; Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- "I know from my own frequent reference to Archivision images via easy access in ARTstor that our recent collaboration is proving useful to UNM faculty and students. Thank you!"
- Cindy Abel Morris, Manager, Bunting Visual Resources Library, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- "Hi, Cathy [at Georgia Institute of Technology],
That is great that you have Archivision! The images are so great and Scott Gilchrist is really eager to work with his clients on facilitating the data! If you go to the Archivision website you will see that Scott can prepare the Archivision data specifically for MDID. When I get my images and data from Archivision I work with the Archivision staff to map the fields I want from Archivision tailored to the MDID here in the College of Architecture and Urban Planning. After you check out the Archivision website, you should contact Archivision for help with your set up."
- Heather Seneff, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- "We love your images on ARTstor. Not only are they great technically but you get great angles, superb details."
- Mireille Lavigne, University of Ottawa Library, Ottawa, Ontario
- "Archivision has been a big success for Five Colleges and we are interested in licensing Module 3... I can't tell you how helpful it is to work with a vendor who understands our needs."
- Elisa Lanzi, Director, Imaging Center, Smith College Deptartment of Art, Northampton, Massachusetts
- "My colleague Roxanne Lafleur attended an ARTstor meeting in New York and reported that your images are all the rage!!! Congratulations! I had a look [at your images in ARTstor] and I am quite impressed. You can be proud. I am sold."
- Mireille Lavigne, University of Ottawa Library, Ottawa, Ontario
- "I just wanted say how happy I am with the images we have purchased from Archivision. We now have the base collection installed and faculty love the images. The images are beautiful and the coverage is good. I hope to add additional modules in the future."
- Frank Jackson, Visual Resources Librarian, Art History Department, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- "The images are stunning [Base Collection, Module ONE and TWO], and I can't wait to get them up and make them available to my faculty. They will love them, I'm sure."
- Eileen W. Coffman, Director, Visual Resources Library, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX
- "We got the Base Collection and Module ONE uploaded into MDID@Duke in May. Our architectural historians are thrilled! I was just using the Portland Building to demo details the other day."
- John J. Taormina, Director, Visual Resources Center, Department of Art & Art History, Duke University, Durham, NC
- "I am currently giving a series of workshops on our MDID and am using many Archivision images as examples of why we want to license images. They sure do look good up there on that big screen!"
- Lise J. Hawkos, Director, Harry Wood Gallery School of Art, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- "People are using the ARCHIVISION images in Insight along with our images and AMICA. One faculty is using them for Arch since 1945 and another for the western survey. It is a wonderful resource... we are very pleased with the image quality. I received the following comment about Archivision from our resident scholar on Roman art. Barbara is using Archivision more and more as she discovers your great images and recently stated: 'I am really excited about the excellent ancient architecture images available in Archivision. The more Pompeii and Ostia, the better!' "
- Elisa Lanzi, Director, Imaging Center, Smith College, Northampton, MA
- "Scott can justly be proud of his photography. His details are stunning, both in choice of viewpoint and in quality of representation, clarity, and resolution."
- Sys Richards, Art Historian, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
- "Thanks for being extremely helpful with all of this [Digital Library license]. You have proven to be a really easy person to work with, and we are much appreciative of that. I am anxious to see this all come to fruition. I am so glad we were able to finally realize the University license. These images will totally change the face of our collection in the Architecture School, and will be a great resource for students and faculty throughout the University. And as a VR grunt I must say: that real data is nice! I'm still marveling over it."
- Daniel E. Rolf, University of Kansas, School of Architecture & Urban Design, Lawrence, KS
- "We have your images in CONTENTdm through the Library's server here at Penn State, and they are beautiful, some of the best images we have here!"
- Carolyn Lucarelli, Curator of Visual Resources, Department of Art History, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- "Your images are so good. My faculty member who teaches modern architecture drools over the ones you sent of the Portland building for the VRA Bulletin. After I pointed her to your website, she wants the whole thing."
- John J. Taormina, Director, Visual Resources Center, Department of Art & Art History, Duke University, Durham NC, email@example.com
- "Your website looks great and is easy to use. I find myself consulting it a couple times a day now. It is nice to be aligned with one of the leaders in the VR field! Good work."
- Jenna A. Duncan, Director, Visual Resources Center, College of Architecture, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, NC, firstname.lastname@example.org
- "Your images are so beautiful to look at and with the information you have provided it is a joy to enter data for each image without having to look up lacking information."
- Rhonda Root, Assistant Professor, Andrews University, Division of Architecture, Berrien Springs, MI
- "Thank you for the prompt delivery of the images. They look great, as usual. I thank you for the extra too. I submitted the paperwork so that you will be paid, I hope, quickly. It is always effortless working with you."
- Virginia Restemeyer, Philadelphia University, Gutman Library, Media Services
- "One of the nicest aspects of my position is working with competent and reasonable vendors. I really appreciate your help and your service."
- Margaret N. Webster, Cornell University, Visual Resources Collection, College of Architecture, Art & Planning, Ithaca, NY
- "I am most grateful to you for invoicing me for the slides, I know that most companies wouldn't. I was most impressed with the high quality of the slides I received, as were my architecture students. It is nice to see an exciting company such as yours, which is continually updating material. I have bought from a number of American suppliers but was disappointed to see that they were using material which in many cases was over 30 years old and of dubious quality. My congratulations and thanks to all at Archivision. I look forward to doing future business with you."
- Thomas O'Riordan, Social Studies teacher, Banduff, Cork, Ireland
- "I just started cataloging some slides I purchased recently, and I simply must take a moment to thank you for all your attention to detail. Your slides always come so nicely packaged with the slide sheets clearly labeled. Your printed descriptions are clear, and so helpful to a non-architect (such as myself) who wants to provide descriptive info in the catalog record that will be meaningful to the student or prof. on the other end. You really make cataloging easy! Your understanding of both architecture AND slide librarianship is very appreciated. So THANKS."
- Jacque Tygart, Art & Architecture Librarian, FW Olin Library, Drury College, Springfield, MO
- "The slides look beautiful & documentation is superb. It's a pleasure to work with them. And you."
- Karen Hueftle, Slide Curator, Department of Art, Grinnell College, Grinnell, IA
- "First I would like to thank you for your incredible response to our needs here at the University of Arizona, College of Architecture. You have made a huge contribution to our lives by making these images available that will help us to teach. I am thrilled with our new slides!."
- Annie Nequette, University of Arizona, College of Architecture, Pheonix, AZ
- "I just received your new catalogue and would like to compliment you on how nicely presented it is. The quality is superb, and I have already spotted several slide sets that I will be ordering. You know, in spite of all the fancy electronic media available to us, there's nothing like a glitzy publication to get my attention!"
- Carol Jackman-Schuller, Slide Curator, McGill University, Montreal
- "The slides are here. My colleagues and I are thrilled. I cannot thank you enough, and we will turn to you in the future whenever we need slides."
- "Thanks for the great selection of slides. There are some wonderful and I dare say gorgeous slides in there."
- James Monteith, Visual Resources Librarian, Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, NY
- "The Custom Set is wonderful. I'm impressed and thank you for the extra slides. You run a top-noch, very professional business and all your efforts are greatly appreciated."
- "It has been good working with you Scott. Your images are absolutely beautiful and I admire your ability to keep such a massive collection going with such good organization and promptness."
- Sally J. Bjork, Media Union Visual Resources, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- "Thank you very much for such prompt and efficient service. I love the slides you selected for me. They are perfect for my presentation. I very much appreciated your assistance and friendly professional service."
- "Last year we had Scott Gilchrist of Archivision send us his Chicago School slides to augment our collection in this area. They are terrific. Scott has an extremely practiced eye & knows what details architectural historians want. His Carson Pirie Scott details of the cast iron ornament are works of art in themselves! Scott is very cooperative & relatively fast. His catalog is rather extensive & he has recently put his stuff on a web site. Heartily recommended!"
- Carol Van Schaack, Colgate University, Art & Art History, Hamilton, NY
- "I have enjoyed using your web site in the ordering process. You have done a fabulous job. I also appreciate your thorough literature and clear cut policies. Thank you for making my job easier. [a few weeks later]....I received the slides and they look spectacular. I am so excited. I can't wait to get them into our collection."
- Catherine May, Texas A&M University, College of Architecture, College Station, TX
- "At the VRA [conference in Boston, Feb. 1996] I am talking on digital permissions from vendors...I chose you as the vendor to show. Why? Because you are a nice person with pretty slides, good documentation, easy purchasing arrangements, and good web policy. I will plug you."
- Maryly Snow, Dept. of Architecture, University of California, Berkeley, CA.
- "Thank you for being able to process our first order so promptly. The slides are very impressive...our accreditation team was very impressed with our purchase of your slides speaking specifically of the quality of the images."
- John Hopkins, M. Arch., ARAIA, Associate Professor of Architecture, Andrews University, Division of Architecture, Berrien Springs, MI
- "It's really nice to know that people can still get efficient, personalized service when they need to."
- Carol Jackman-Schuller, Faculty of Arts, McGill University, Montréal, Québec
- "Thanks for all the wonderful slides - they look absolutely great!"
- Michael Hall, University of Guelph, Department of Fine Art, Guelph, Ontario
- download free sample digital files -
sample LARGE file | sample SMALL file
- home -