Archivision Inc. is a major supplier of professional images on architecture, gardens, parks, landscapes, public art and design for educational & commercial use. We have been professionally photographing historic & contemporary sites around the world since 1993 and are continually adding to our two archives as described below:
We currently hold over 100,000 slides in our Educational Slide Archive of which over 40,000 have been scanned so far to create our Digital Library. We will eventually scan our entire analog holdings and we are now growing our library with digital capture. Both the slide and the digital archives consist of approximately 60% architecture (most periods); 20% gardens & landscapes; 15% public art; and 5% miscellaneous design topics. The Archive was created for an in-depth study and analysis by students of architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning, art history and art. Documentation has been achieved through multiple images of a single subject affording a comprehensive understanding of the principle aspects of design and content. Where possible, drawings & models are photographed from original and copyright-free sources. Our clients are librarians and image curators who order with institutional purchase order numbers.
for what others say about our images & service,
to learn more about our growing Digital Library,
We currently hold over 35,000 images in our Commercial Archive of creative content (clouds, textures, city scenics, night views, etc.). Almost 2000 of these images are currently represented exclusively by Masterfile™, a world leader in rights-protected stock photography, and their royalty-free affiliate, Materfile Royalty Free™, at www.masterfile.com. We have recently made the bulk of our Educational Archive available as royalty-free images for instant download (up to 18MB) at our new commercial website: stock.archivision.com, and will, over time, be adding our creative content to it to combine our Educational and Commercial Archives for creative, editorial and commercial use.
- Scott Gilchrist, B. Arch., M. Arch., is the founder and President of Archivision Inc. Scott is the main photographer of both the Archivision Educational & Commercial Archives. Scott may be reached at
- Susan Jane Williams, Data Specialist. Susan catalogues our annual Library Modules in VCat. The entire Archivision Library is available free of charge pre-
catalogued in VCat (a FileMkaker Pro database utility). For full information please click here
- Maureen Burns, Ed.E., MA in Art History, Archivision Sales Representative. Maureen is our sales rep for the western US.
- Robert Carter, Data Specialist. Robert can map our extensive metadata to your template (free of charge with a Module purchase). Robert can be reached at email@example.com.
- Contributing photographers: André Donais, Oksana Lysanko & Wellesley Robertson III (past contributors: 1) Virginie Novak; 2) Yan Drapeau; 3) David Parry; 4) Wil Meacham; 5) Marc Régnier; 6) Dana Dequire; 8) Sebastien Hebert)
ARCHIVISION RESEARCH TEAM:
- Susan Jane Williams, Data Specialist.
Past members of our team:
- Kathleen Wilson Ruffo, Ph.D. (Art History), researches public art subjects, generates biographies for our EmbARK database, and does editorial work. Kathleen was also instrumental in planning the structure of our EmbARK database and helped extensively with many of its authority files.
- Marlene Philion-Jacques, BA (Art History), researched public art subjects.
- Olga M. Williams-Klement, B. Arch., RIBA, was our editor and researcher for architectural subjects.
- home -